In the 2021 global immune dietary supplement market, which plant extracts are growing rapidly? Which product formulations receive more attention?

The epidemic has had a wide-ranging impact on the global supplement market, and consumers are more concerned about their health. Since 2019, the demand for products that support immune health, as well as related needs for supporting healthy sleep, mental health, and overall well-being have all increased. Consumers pay more attention to immune health materials, which also makes the health promotion effect of immune health products more widely recognized.
Recently, Kerry released the “2021 Global Immunity Dietary Supplements Market” white paper, which reviewed the recent growth of the supplement market from a global perspective, the conditions driving growth, and the various benefits related to immune health that consumers have learned about immunity. New dosage forms of supplements.

Innova pointed out that immune health is a hot spot in the development of global supplements. In 2020, 30% of new dietary supplement products are immune-related. From 2016 to 2020, the compound annual growth rate for new product development is +10% (compared to the 8% compound annual growth rate for all supplements).
The Kerry survey shows that globally, more than one-fifth (21%) of consumers said they are interested in buying supplements containing immune health support ingredients. In the food and beverage categories that are usually related to healthy living, if juice, dairy beverages and yogurt, this number is even higher.
In fact, immune support is the number one reason to purchase nutritional and health products. As many as 39% of consumers have used immune health products in the past six months, and another 30% will consider doing so in the future, which means The overall potential of the immune healthcare market is 69%. This interest will remain high in the next few years, because this epidemic is causing people’s attention.

People are very interested in the health benefits of immunity. At the same time, Kerry’s research shows that in addition to immune health, consumers around the world also pay attention to bone and joint health, and regard their concern as the primary reason for buying healthy lifestyle products.

Although consumers in every surveyed region believe that immune health is their primary reason for buying health products, in other states where there is demand, interest in complementing immune health is also growing. For example, sleep products increased by nearly 2/3 in 2020; emotion/stress products increased by 40% in 2020.
At the same time, immune health claims are often used in conjunction with other claims. In the cognitive and child health categories, this “dual role” product has grown particularly fast. Similarly, the connection between mental health and immune health is widely recognized by consumers, so health benefits such as stress relief and sleep are also consistent with immune claims.
Manufacturers are also focusing on consumer demand and developing products that are based on immune health and have other health factors in order to create immune health products that are different from the market.

Which plant extracts are growing rapidly?

Innova predicts that immune supplements will remain the most popular products, especially vitamin and mineral products. Therefore, the opportunity for innovation may lie in mixing familiar ingredients such as vitamins and minerals with new and promising ingredients. These may include plant extracts with antioxidant effects, which have become a concern for immune health.
In recent years, green coffee extracts and guarana have grown. Other fast-growing ingredients include Ashwagandha extract (+59%), olive leaf extract (+47%), acanthopanax senticosus extract (+34%) and elderberry (+58%).

Especially in the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa, the botanical supplement market is booming. In these regions, herbal ingredients have long been an important part of health. Innova reports that the compound annual growth rate of new supplements that claim to contain plant ingredients from 2019 to 2020 is 118%.

The dietary supplement market is developing a variety of options to address a variety of demand states, of which immunity is the most important. The increasing number of immune supplement products is forcing manufacturers to adopt new differentiation strategies, not only using unique ingredients, but also using dosage forms that consumers find attractive and convenient. Although traditional products are still popular, the market is shifting to meet the needs of consumers who prefer other forms. Therefore, the definition of supplements is changing to include a wider range of product formulations, further blurring the boundaries between supplements and functional foods and beverages.

Post time: Sep-02-2021