Product name: S-Acetyl L-Glutathione powder
Other Name: S-acetyl glutathione (SAG); Acetyl Glutathione; Acetyl L-Glutathione; S-Acetyl-L-Glutathione;SAG
CAS No.: 3054-47-5
Molecular Formula: C12H19N3O7S
Molecular Weight: 349.36
Assay: 98% HPLC
Appearance: White to Off White powder
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is a tripeptide compound formed by condensation of glutamic acid, cysteine, and glycine by peptide bonds.
Glutathione (GSH) is one of the most essential antioxidant ingredients produced by our body. It can recharge other antioxidants and also prevent mitochondrial damage from free radicals.
Dr. Al Mindell, a well-known American nutrition and health expert, called Glutathione a three-fold anti-aging amino acid.
Every cell in our body produces Glutathione. Some scientists worked on longevity believe that the Glutathione levels in our cells can predicate how long we will live. It’s logical since Glutathione plays a critical role in essential bodily processes.
Since Glutathione plays such an important role in our body, is there any suggests boosting Glutathione?
Top 9 Foods & Supplements to Boost Glutathione
- Milk Thistle
- Whey Protein
- Sulfur Foods
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)
- α-Lipoic Acid
- Methylation Nutrients (Vitamins B6, B9, B12, and biotin)
- Vitamins C & E
- Beef LiverAcetyl
- Glutathione mechanism Acetyl Glutathione is a lipid-like compound that can be taken up intactly by chylomicrons in our Gut.
- The acetyl group is placed on thiol group, or sulfur group, which can prevent oxidation and allows the molecule to pass spreadly into the cell after Gut absorption.
- Then, the bond is cleaved by the non-specific enzymes in the cell. Acetylation prevents Glutathione breakdown, and S-acetylglutathione is cleaved to reduced form glutathione when it crosses the cell wall, without energy expenditure.Who should take S-Acetyl-L-Glutathione supplementSome people take it
- For antioxidant
- As a detoxification agent
- To protect themselves from the harmful effects after Cancer radiation and chemotherapy even there has no evidence in this regard.
Approximately 100 mg/50 lb body weight
The S-Acetyl L-Glutathione supplement on the market is 1-2 pieces capsule per day contains 100mg pure Acetyl L-Glutathione.